Hi! Marisa here! Welcome home! Here you will find recipes for the whole family, fun crafts, everyday sustainability, and the daily happenings of life at home. Get comfy cozy with a cup of coffee, tea or a glass of wine- no judgement here; you’ve made it home.
I started this blog so there would be a place for my family to go if they wanted to recreate a family favorite food, dessert, holiday bake, traditional dish, etc… maybe even do a craft. I hope there are some words of wisdom that rise up but only time will tell.
It all started in 2019…
I became a mom in 2019 and had the opportunity to stay home and “find myself”. AKA find an answer to the question my husband has been asking me since 2007, “If you didn’t have to work and you had all the time in the world what would you do?”. I never knew what the answer to that question would be. While I don’t have all the time in the world I have been able to explore what it is I like to do. I have picked up creating recipes and crafts, honing in on sustainability, and recording life at home in general (working from home, elimination communication, etc…).
If you didn’t have to work and you had all the time in the world what would you do?Marisa’s Hubby
During this time I have been thinking a lot about what I would like to pass onto my family. What values would be important for them to have? What skills they would need to navigate their world in their lifetime? I cannot know what they will be up against but I do know I want them to feel at home in their skin and in their surroundings. Know what is like to take a moment to enjoy what life is trying to teach them. The current pace of life is already fast, processed, cookie-cutter and bought; in their lifetime it will only become more so. I want them to know it is important to respect your body and know what you are putting in it, on it, around it. This is my attempt to get them to slow down, get rooted and live in the moment.
- Abuelita’s Flautas stuffed with ground beef and potatoes will leave you happily satisfied for lunch or dinner.
- The Tomatillo Chile de Arbol Salsa recipe pairs perfectly with the flautas and anything else you like to put salsa on!
- Grandma’s Corn Flake Potatoes will end up being a family favorite side dish at the gatherings.
- The Lavender + Rose Floral Hoop is a beautiful craft you can do on a lazy Sunday.
- The Reusable Produce Bags + Beeswax Food Wrap is my first post for sustainability and I have more ideas to share. Over the last 15+ years I have progressively shifted towards a more eco-friendly home. I will share these little steps that when put together make a big impact and honestly it’s not hard to keep doing.
Life at Home
- Home Office Essentials is a staple post for those of us needing or wanting to work from home.
- Working from Home: Communication is also a great place to gain insight on how to effectively communicate with your team when you work remote.
These recipes/crafts/life posts may or may not be the quickest but it is the journey I want them to enjoy. One day when I am no longer with them I hope they read one of these posts, recreate the memory, share the joy of creation with their loved ones, slow down and feel at HOME.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you also enjoy the journey.
A new beginning starts now, lots of love-