I have been working on a couple easy DIY flower posts; next up is the pom pom felt flower! The pom pom brings some wavy and alternating motion to the seven flower tutorials I have in store for us. It is super easy and fun to make. Add these pom pom felt flowers to any floral craft you have in mind. I have a couple in the works and can’t wait to share them! Stay tuned for a birthday banner, nursery mobile and dream catcher! And who knows what else may be dreamed up!
Have fun crafting!
Pom Pom Felt Flower Materials
- 5 by 5 inch piece of felt; color of your choice for the flower.
- Circular object with a 2 – 2 1/4 inch diameter.
- 2 1/2 by 2 1/2 inch piece of felt for leaf; I used the green shade from this pack
- Glue gun and glue
Find a flat surface to work on. Turn on the hot glue gun so it’s ready to go when you need it.
- Lay out your 5 x 5 inch piece of felt. Place your circular object in one corner of the felt so it fits snugly. Trace the circle with a pencil. Cut out the circle.
- Use that cut out as your stencil for three more circles. Cut out the other circles so there is a center section of felt left over; we will use the center piece of felt to glue all the circles together.
- Fold one circle in half; dab some glue inside the crease.
- Fold the circle in half again to make quarters; dab some glue inside the crease. Hold the petal together until it dries.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for all 4 circles.
- Grab the center tab of felt you had left over from cutting out all the circles. Place the petals on the tab to get an idea of where you would like to glue them. Remove the petals.
- Load up the glue of the tab of felt and replace the petals. Hold the petals in place until the glue dries.
- Grab the 2 1/2 by 2 1/2 piece of felt and cut in a convex arch from one corner to the opposite corner. Repeat the convex arch back to the original corner. You will now have a simple leaf.
- Load up some hot glue on a corner of the leaf then place the rose on top. Once dry you have your pom pom felt flower!
Make just one or as many pom pom felt flowers you like for the craft you are dreaming up!
What Can Be Composted From This Pom Pom Felt Flower Craft?
If your felt is made of organic materials, like wool, you can compost the scraps. Thick heavy pieces of felt don’t compost well but if your pieces are small or thin throw them in there.
Give Me More Felt Flowers!
Stay tuned; coming soon!
Check Out These Crafts
Did you enjoy this article? Want to hear more? Stay in touch! Sign up below to receive updates on new posts from Marisa Home.
You may also like
I have a couple recipes in the works which call for brown butter so naturally a tutorial on how to brown butter is a must! Brown butter is melted butter that when slowly cooked on the stove brings out a nutty flavor. You won’t be disappointed when using brown butter to elevate any dish; sweet…
I have a couple easy DIY flower posts coming up; first up the chrysanthemum felt flower! The chrysanthemum brings a rounded, soft texture to the seven flower tutorials I have in store for us. It looks more complicated than it is and that is what is so fun. Add these chrysanthemum felt flowers to any…
How We Planned Financially for a Year at Home Staying home with baby for the first year takes some financial planning. It was easy but at the same time not. And now that we are getting ready for our second baby I am starting to re-evaluate how we are going to be able to do…